UNIVERSITY OF TURKU
The University of Turku is an active international research university and a vibrant academic community of 25,000 students and employees from over 100 different countries. Depending on your dream career, you could study anything from medicine and engineering to education and social sciences.
The University provides students with innovative problem solving skills and high-standard, multidisciplinary education based on the most up-to-date research. Thanks to the outstanding services, compact campus, and active academic community, international students and scholars feel at home from the very beginning of their stay.
COME HERE AND BE AMAZED
WHY CHOOSE THE UNIVERSITY OF TURKU?
- The UTU students are happy students. 92% of international students are satisfied with their experience at the University of Turku.
- The programmes are based on our strengths in research. The curriculum, course structure, and study contents of each programme have been designed to fulfill the most ambitious standards in a given field of science.
- University of Turku is one of the most international universities in Finland. On campus, you can meet students, teachers, and researchers from over 100 different countries.
- Graduates have excellent career prospects. According to surveys, 95% of the University of Turku alumni feel that they have received high-quality education which corresponds to their career.
- Scholarships available for talented students. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit to both Bachelor's and Master's level students.
- Professors and lectures challenge you to learn. At University of Turku, we offer versatile learning methods and various approaches to discussion and learning.
- Personal support and outstanding student services. Experienced staff, student tutors, student health care, campus sport and affordable student lunch help you to get the most out of your studies in Turku.
- Excellent facilities and learning environments. Your studies are supported by versatile and free to use IT services, extensive resources in our libraries, and inspiring learning environment.
- Active student life. Both the Student Union of the University of Turku and the City of Turku offer you a versatile selection of free time activities from culture and sports to outdoor recreation.
- Compact campuses and student city of Turku. The Turku Campus is located right next to the city centre and the Aura River, and you can easily get from one place to another by foot or by bike.
Career in Turku & Southwest Finland – Meghadipa Goswami, ArcDia
PROGRAMMES AT UTU
University of Turku is one of the leading universities in Finland, and it offers study and research opportunities in seven (in eight from 2021 onwards) faculties. You can study in International Bachelor's and Master's Degree Programmes taught in English. The University of Turku offers international degree programmes in the fields of education, information and communication technology, economics, health and biomedical sciences, law, and natural sciences. You can learn more about the programmes at the University website: www.utu.fi/degrees
THE STUDENT CITY OF TURKU
Turku is the oldest city in Finland, and also the first University City in Finland. Turku is compact in size, perfect for exploring the exciting mixture of old and new.
Turku offers the best quality of life with reasonable living costs, many housing options, active academic community, vivid cultural life, and a variety of outdoor activities. It is a real city of students: every fourth person is either student or professional in higher education institute.
Turku – the city of students:
Study & Career in Turku - Tarek Omran, University of Turku alumn:
The Turku Campus of the University of Turku is located close to the city centre and the Aura river nearby the other higher education institutions, Turku Science Park companies, and the Turku University Hospital.