- Learn the basics of the modern chemical and process industry. Learn to design and model equipment and processes in team projects
- Acquire skills to design cost and energy-efficient processes taking into account the current demands for a circular economy, a clean environment, and the sustainable use of natural resources
- Become an expert in developing new chemical products and processes. Promote the public acceptance of chemical engineering as an environmentally benign discipline that uses natural resources rationally, minimizes process wastes, and circulates wastes back to products.
- Specialization studies, 82 ECTS credits:
Unit operations, fluid dynamics, process simulation, product and process design, bioenergy, and biorefineries
The specialization studies include a Master’s thesis and seminar,30 ECTS credits
- Minor studies: recommended minor studies are bio-based chemical engineering, advanced water treatment, advanced chemistry
- Elective studies: select from any disciplines at LUT; choose enough electives to meet the minimum total credit requirement for your M.Sc. degree